During a creative moment in January 2008 I went looking for a block of wood in the shed for another project.
Instead of the block I found a piece of a timber on the woodheap which had been used for transporting pipes.
Brian cut it in halves vertically for me, and I drilled holes, added oddments of dowel cut to length, and found just enough beads in the macramé jar to go on the ends.
Purchased 3 shelf brackets, and hey presto, a tree to go in a narrow space.
Plan to decorate the finished tree with trims which used to be on the Shed trees which were dumped when we left Kadina, but the branches are too close together, so will have to make another set of decorations.