The zip-up CD storage we use in the car was starting to fall apart and I couldn’t find a replacement in the shops, so like any good crafter I started work on making something to do the job.
First effort looks OK from the outside.
Looks OK on the inside too, but it soon became obvious that there were a few design failures.
The CDs had a slight tendency to slide out … only if the book was tipped at any angle other that vertical, mind you.
The holes I added using your average hole punch were too big, and the pages tended act a bit like single sheets of paper in a pile rather than pages firmly held in a book.
Note that the discs used in this demonstration are not musical, and not for the car either … just when I worked out the design flaws in this one, and worked out how to make it all better, I found some plastic zip up models to use in the car.
Still, it looks OK sitting upright on a shelf, and as I buy discs in the bulk packs and it will keep twenty of them from rolling around the place providing I don’t tip the book too far from upright!